In 1885, Reverend Harvey Johnson founded the Order of Regulators — a civil rights advocacy organization that later changed its name to the Brotherhood of Liberty in 1887. Rev. Johnson lived on Druid Hill Avenue – a home captured in a group portrait (PP240.005) of “A group of ministers and lawyers formed to obtain jobs for Colored Teachers in the Colored High School before 1900” from the Maryland Historical Society collections.
The property is covered in formstone but appears to be occupied and in fair to good condition. This property is located within the Old West Baltimore National Register Historic District but not inside any local district.