Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School

Despite its modern building, the history of Lockerman-Bundy Elementary School dates back to the 1890s.

The school is named for Joseph Harrison Lockerman (1864-1923), a graduate of the Centenary Biblical Institute (now Morgan State University) who in 1911 became Vice Principal of the new Colored High and Training School for African American teachers (now Coppin State University). Two years later, the training school moved into the upper floors of the new Public School 100 located at 229 North Mount Street.

When the school relocated to Pulaski Street in 1976, the name expanded to honor Mrs. Walter A. Bundy (1904-1965). A graduate of Coppin State in 1918, Mrs. Bundy’s teaching career in Baltimore’s black schools spanned over four decades.



301 N. Pulaski Street, Baltimore, MD 21223