707 South Regester Street
707 South Regester Street was built between 1760 and 1780 when Regester was known as Argyle Alley. Deed research tracing back to 1814 shows the house was owned by Joseph Brown until he sold it to Issac Stansbury in October of 1814. It was originally free standing and may have been an outbuilding for a main house fronting on Ann Street.
When Reverend Robert L. Young took on the restoration of the house in 1972, he found many original hand cut nails, which he reused in the rehabilitation. If Young had to replace a historic feature, he searched diligently for one that matched in both age and material. What Young found on the interior of the house was also telling. He found evidence of the original plaster in a few places, as well as the original blue paint and chair rails around the rooms. The interior woodwork has beading and backband molding typical of its era.
Aside from a careful examination of the house and a report on his rehabilitation efforts, Young also completed extensive deed research, finding all of the homeowners dating back to Issac Stansbury in 1814. Reverend Young’s work on the house was an important step in preserving this house. Today, the house is distinguished by its bright red paint and green shutters and the unpainted cypress boards on the north and south sides of the house and remains a well-preserved example of a Fell's Point wooden house.