Mill Centre

Offices at Mount Vernon Mill No. 3

This was once part of the network of mills owned by the Mount Vernon Mill Company. The combined mills employed 1,600 workers by the 1880s. A 1923 strike against an increase in hours with little increase in pay proved devastating for workers. Afterward, the mill owners began selling company property and moved operations to the South.

The site is also an early example of adaptive reuse of historic mill buildings along the Jones Falls. The building was developed for new commercial use in 1987. Today, the site is home to more than seventy tenants of various occupations.



3000 Chestnut Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21211 ~ Private Property